Sunday, January 16, 2011

Annoyed and somewhat philosophical...all at once...

So, this blog has no sense of direction. I'm ok with that because I don't know where I'm going. There are a few things I do know, though. Here's my list. And, I will say in advance to Fave Cousin and JMK, I love you both. Ya'll are just crazier than me!

Football may just be the dumbest sport in the world. Really. But I know this-the Bears rock. The Packers, Vikes and Patriots are NEVER to be rooted for. Bear down!

Never love something that is replaceable. If you do, than you never loved it anyway. So stop frontin'.

Tom Brady is fat. And probably blind.

Glen Beck is NOT the devil. And in my experience, the people I hear spewing bogus comments about him, have never actually taken the time to WATCH a show, LISTEN to a show and HEAR what he's saying. So don't form an opinion until you can honestly state the FACTS of both sides. And with that said, I don't care which side holds the house, so long as Pelosi is kicked to the curb. The woman "smiles" all the time. That much plastic surgery requires artificial tears, which is why she doesn't cry. FACT.

Eating 4 cream cheese stuffed jalepeno peppers all by yourself will light your ass on fire. I'm not being crude, its simply the truth.

God loves you no matter what you do. And it doesn't matter WHAT you do, it matters WHO you are. So all these people that are worried about attaining enough "points" to go to heaven need to slow their roll and take stock in WHO they are.  I think they will find they've spent too much time worrying about the WHAT and not enough time worrying about the WHO.

Take care of your siblings. They are the only ones you have. And while you may have chosen different ones, given the option, these are the ones God gave you. So let them make poor choices. Let them think they are smarter than they are. After all, you didn't learn everything you know by taking the route someone else planned for you, did you?

Espresso is delicious. It MAY be the devil's heroin. But it is a necessity of life. Don't deprive me. I get cranky.

There is no way to simply root for Chicago baseball. PICK. A. TEAM. Us real fans do NOT take lightly to your fair-weather tendencies and we do NOT find it cute. (By the way, I bleed blue and no, I don't have much acceptance for anyone that does not!)

Kids grow up too quickly. LIFE goes by to quickly. One day you are 13 years old, playing basketball on the town traveling team and you think THAT will be your life. The next day you have a newborn baby and 5 minutes go by and you have 3! One day you find yourself watching your dad, who was strong as an ox, leave the life he so often seemed afraid to LIVE and go to a place where he will really LIVE forever.


So, I guess my point may be this: Learn to let things go. Love without reservations. Find God, if you haven't. Love Him, if you don't. Find a way to cherish the life you have, even if it isn't what you ever thought it would be. You are here for a reason. Be who you are and spend less time being who you think others want you to be. In the words of a good friend, (kind of), "You never know the legacy you could leave through your children...their children and so on."

3 comments:

  1. Love. It. All very true.
    Except for gb, and I have listened and heard. There, we have to agree to disagree. But by the same token, I'm so glad Pelosi is gone. She creeps me out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree to disagree we will. I wasn't referring to you as one of those people that forms an opinion without being well informed. I now you're smarter than that. Its the ones that go on and on and have no clue what they're talking about and you can tell they're simply repeating something they read or heard through mainstream media and didn't bother researching the truth (which is the part I leave to Pat bc I have trouble sorting out the bullshit sometimes). I hop you guys come for St Pats. Would love to give you a big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a great post, dear. I wish I could have stayed longer yesterday. Thank you for dinner. It was awesome. I love you!

    ReplyDelete