Thursday, February 10, 2011

I'd die for food...

I really would. I eat pretty healthy. Being the mother of 2 heart kids will do that to you. Being the daughter of a man that died from a cancer caused by a chemical additive in motor oil will make you pick everything fresh and organic when possible. It is a lifestyle change, really.

That said...
I. Love. Food. I really, really do. Sauted. Fried. Salads. 5 course meals. Fish. Steak. Grilled veggies. Grilled...ANYTHING! Butter. Olive oil. Bread. White rice. Brown rice. Oranges. Orange liqour. American. Greek. Mexican. Italian. BBQ. Spanish. Lamb. Ribs. Chicken. Zucchini. Squash. Pumpkin. Sweet taters. Hash browns. Corned beef. Eggs. Bacon. Hash browns. Toast. Pot roast. Breeeeeaaaaad. Sweet, sweet breeeeeadd. Which brings me to pasta. Fettuccini. Capanelli. Linguini. Spahgetti. Farfalle. Alfredo. Marinara. Tomato. Pesto. Seafood. Shrimp. Salmon. Halibut. Trout. Tuna. Sea bass. Squid. Cod. Catfish. Orange roughy. Kiiiiiiing Craaaaab......

I could eat all day. I love food. I really, really do. If I couldn't cook, couldn't grill, couldn't roast...

And I promise, I am not 5'2" 300lbs.

I grill all year long. To be from Chicagoland and do that says enough.

My love for food and flavor mayt possibly rival my love for life itself.

I'm no chef. No culinary genius. I can follow a recipe and am decent at making certain things on whim.

But nothing beats a tub of sour cream and a bag of tortilla chips (the good, thick ones. Not Scoops). Or a fresh loaf of whole grain and a stick of soft, unsalted butter. Or possibly a large block of cheese. Any kind. Though I do love feta.

This post may be retarded to some. But for the girl that just cut out dairy and carbs and is near (almost past) the point of breaking...?

Well....

Figure it out!!!

1 comment: