Monday, January 23, 2012

The One Where I Ramble...Again...About Stuff...

I always had this dream of a perfect date. The ultimate romantic weekend. It started with this gorgeous, out-of-my-league man, a trip downtown for a long, fancy dinner at a gorgeous, extravagant restaurant where we're dressed to the nines, in a corner booth...all the bells and whistles I have never had the opportunity to experience. Husband never took me out like this. Never planned special outings. Nothing fun and fancy. So I always fantasized about what it would be like to be truly taken out.



Well, I can say I have had this dream ALMOST come true. Every 6 months I go to a lunch at Russian Tea Time with my mom, my aunt and my aunt's sister (who you think I would also call 'aunt', but my actual aunt isn't actually my aunt, so her sister isn't my aunt...fuck it. To make it simple, I go with my mom, my Aunt Carol and my Aunt Laurie. Got it?). We have a very, very, very long lunch that includes about 3 flights of vodka, 2-3 appetizers, an entree, pickles, pumpernickel bread, we toast in Russian and I am too fucking tired to look that shit up and link you...wait, ok, I'm not. I'll do it. Nope. Never mind. Don't know how to say it. But it sounds something like.... "Nastrovia". Whatever, I'm a fucktard, but that is as much as you'll get outta me.






Mmmmm...vodka flight...



Mmmm...yummy...
Any fucking day later, after we have our awesome lunch we walk over to to Garrett's because, HELLO? Best. Popcorn. EVER. Chicago mix. Then after that, we go somewhere else fancy and elite and AWESOME for more cocktails. The first time we went to the Palmer. We sat in the lobby and watched people. It was the night before the 'Royal Wedding' so they were doing all kinds of prepping for some middle of the night fucking celebration they were having, and the entire place smelled like flowers and vanilla. It was wonderful.

Lobby of the Palmer. Don't you feel regal just looking at that picture?!


The second time we needed a plan. My suggestion was the Signature Lounge, after Garrett's, of course. We arrived right as the sun was just fucking BLINDING coming through the windows, BUT, we scoped it out, got the BEST table and watched the sunset from 96 floors up. It was INCREDIBLE. After enjoying some of their very different signature martinis, Aunt Carol and Aunt Laurie hopped in a cab to head back to Indiana. Mom and I stumbled our way back to the train station, laughing hysterically the entire way.

Me, Aunt Carol, Mom and Aunt Laurie. September 2011.

Aunt Laurie and I in the Signature Lounge. See how fucking BLINDING that sun was?

The sun finally went down. That's my city. Isn't it beautiful?


I love these dates with these three, very amazing, women. I wish we had them more frequently, but then again if we did, I don't think they'd be so special to me. Someday I hope I find a man that thinks enough of me to take me out for weekends like on occasion. There are plenty of wonderfully romantic days to be had in Chicago and the possibilities are truly endless. One place I want very badly to stay is the Drake.


Isn't it fabulous?!
I LOVE this picture...Wow. To be THAT elegant and graceful?? Gorgeous.


My hope is that one day I will find a man that thinks I am worthy of being wined and dined once in a while. One thoughtful enough to plan getaways like this. Bottom line, I guess, is that if he doesn't than I know he isn't good for me. If I never find that man, I always have Mom, Aunts Carol and Laurie and Russian Tea Time.

3 comments:

  1. awesome post. and if you remember "Nice Driveway" you can toast in Polish and Russian <3 ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Nice Driveway'. I will remember that!!! <3 you, too!

    ReplyDelete