Thursday, January 12, 2012

#TWM...Suddenly? LIFE...

"You can't prepare for a sudden impact. You can't brace yourself. It just hits you out of nowhere and suddenly the life that you knew before is over. Forever." -Meredith


So I wrote this whole post to go along with this TWM quote about the sudden impact I never truly was prepared for in my life. How it changed me. How I never have fully recovered from it. Then I said FUCK IT. I am happy tonight. Me. Happy! And when it is snowing outside, no less!!! That is a God sent miracle.

I can hear my kids laughing outside with my mom; they're sledding. I can smell the soup I am making simmering on the stove. I have a glass of wine in my hand. I am periodically getting text messages from a friend that was blessed with the arrival of a baby in his life today. I so appreciate hearing from him. I have new beginnings happening all over my life. I cannot help but smile. On my face and in my heart.

I hope this Thursday finds you all happy, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment