Monday, October 31, 2011

I Am Blessed...

It isn't very often I get the overwhelming feeling to cry just by looking at my children. Lately, despite my seemingly constant lack of patience with their behavior, I look at their sweet faces and I get all teary and sappy. If I didn't know I wasn't, I'd swear I'm pregnant. There is something incredibly humbling about looking into the eyes of your children. If you have kids, you understand what I mean, I'm sure. If you don't, I really don't even know how to describe it. I look at my babies and I know that no matter what I have done to fuck up my life thus far, that they are the three things I have done right. I will keep trying to do right by them. They are, of course, my true north.


This is Emma. My only girl. When she was born I thought she was going to be a sweet, mild mannered, little angel. She's stubborn, egotistical (as most 5yo are), full of piss and vinegar and has a response to or for EVERYTHING.  She's the perfect blend of her father and me. It's scary at times. She also is kind, cute, unbelievably observant. She loves to sing. And talk. And talk...and talk.




This is Ryan. He has freckles ALL OVER his face. They're very light in color, but they are so sweet and just BEG to be kissed. He loves cars, trucks, trailers, motorcycles...anything with an engine and wheels. Just like his dad. He loves to dance and will break into dance at random. He is easily frustrated. He is particular about how his cars and trucks get played with. He has a temper. We jokingly call him Hulk at times. But even when he's angry, I like him. He's sweet as apple pie and loves his family.



 This is Logan. He's my superhero. Being the mother of a superhero can be tough at times. He simply does not understand that his webs will not save him from everything. He is HILARIOUS. He never fails to crack me up. Look at that face??? Its wonderfully perfect. He is the baby of my three and even with just 12 months between he and Ryan, Logan is very much his own person and does not let being the baby keep him from being independent. He definitely has that 'spark' you hear people talk about.





That's them opening day 2009. Yes. We are Cubs fans. We like it that way. We're not changing it! That last picture is me when I am happiest-Sunday afternoons, watching football, grilling for my family. Sometimes life gets so overwhelming that I forget how blessed I really am. Look at their faces though!!! One look into those sweet eyes and my heart swells. I am blessed!




2 comments: