Sunday, September 11, 2011

When People Bring You Down...

So I got some news today that my husband is going to do everything he can to make my starting a life without him impossible-even if that means it hurts our kids. His logic for this is that if I hadn't chosen to divorce him, none of this would be happening and that somehow justifies his behaving like a child that hasn't gotten his way. So be it. That's ok. I knew going in this wasn't going to be easy by far. So I'll just keep going, trying to move forward. My plan to keep my head from exploding is simple: I will find something every day to mark in my head as something in my life I am happy with. Simple enough, right? We'll see!

Today I am happy for my beautiful children. That is true every day, yes. But today I am especially happy to have them. We sat on the couch and watched the Bears game. We laughed. We goofed around. We ate popcorn and I am making chili for dinner. Making chili makes me happy, too. I make it differently every time. My mom makes me happy. My family, even when fighting, makes me happy.

That's it. That's all I got today. But I think it's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment