Friday, May 24, 2013

It is seldom that I get to enjoy a cup of coffee early in the morning and in complete silence, no less. But today is one of those rare moments. TSMA left to go to work, the kids are still snoozing and the coffee is brewed. Today I am leaving to head to St. Louis with my seester. We're going to see my favorite band play and visit with my favorite people. This is the start of what I know will be an awesome weekend and I couldn't need it more than I do right now. Work has been stressful, the kids have been out of school for less than 48 hours and already have me counting the days until classes resume.

Seester and I have always wanted to take a road trip. We've been partners in crime for over 15years now...is that right? Since we were about 12...WOW. This will be our first road trip sans the parental units. In less than a month she will also be moving to 'The Wood' and we will for the first time ever live in the same zip code.

I would like to remind her right now, of the time we went to the Up In Smoke show in Rosemont, at the age of maybe 15 or 16, a time I had to create a HUGE lie to be able to go becuase there was no way in Hell my parents would allow me to see the likes of Eminem, Dre and Snoop. We had soooo much fun though and one memory that comes to mind involves the flashing of a car full of boys. There was a late night, pot induced visit to Taco Bell, too, and I believe a pint or 2 of Ben and Jerry's. Munchies are a bitch. I don't doubt this trip to be any less epic, minus the harmless herbal substances. We now find that kind of trouble without the assistance of gateway drugs.

Oh we are much more grown up and responsible these days. Nearing the end of our 20's and both of us with children and bad relationships under our belts, we're at a point where we may not talk in depth about much of anything and the times we see each other are few and sometimes far between. But all it really takes for us is a text message with some ridiculously well fitting eCard attatched to remind the other we're always right there, should we need anything.

So, as I hear the kids starting to wake up and I still have not packed one item for this trip I am leaving for in less than 3 hours, I want to take one final moment to express to you the type of relationship this bestest friend and I have and show you a preview as to how this weekend will go...

 
Love you, Seester! Let the shenanigans begin!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment